RE: [xml-dev] Saxon and Sun Serializer problems?

> My proposal is add a DocType node to the XDM.  Perhaps I have
> to send that to the W3C - unless it is a really bad idea
> which could be vetted here.

I don't think one can argue that it's intrinsically a bad idea - just that
it's a lot of work which might not deliver enough benefit to justify the
effort.

The main problem is that doing a fine-grained model of the DTD involves an
awful lot of detail, and doing a coarse-grained model doesn't satisfy all
use cases. So, by all means try, but I'm not convinced you'll find takers.

Regards,

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/
http://twitter.com/michaelhkay