Re: [xml-dev] XML support in browsers?

>>Wouldn't web search and other functionality be better if we didn't
>>have presentation based content as the main source on the web?
>
>I am not sure what you mean here, but google is built to understand
>HTML in the wild.

If the markup that was on the web had semantics behind it wouldn't it
improve reuse and other tools. For a more powerful search or
additional capability, wouldn't XML in the title of a section be more
important than in a paragraph or URL address? I've been doing some
work with DITA lately. Many publications groups are starting to
standardize on this set of DTDs and standard tags and
"architectures". We then spend time converting these to a less
structured html tagging scheme that is less rich and many time just
used for formatting. If I could serve the DITA content directly it
would be easier to produce our content for the web and it would be a
richer source.

..dan

Danny Vint

Panoramic Photography