Re: [xml-dev] XML support in browsers?

Hello,

I'm in charge of XSLTForms project which is a client-side XForms
implementation based on XSLT 1.0 to convert XForms to (X)HTML+Javascript
(http://www.agencexml.com/xsltforms).

XSLTForms transformation is complex and uses almost every feature in
XSLT 1.0. Curiously, FireFox is the only one still not implementing the
namespace axis while workarounds have to be found for passing fragments
as parameters for named templates with Opera, but that's all what I
encountered.

For "standard" XSLT code, no difference is seen between browsers and
compatibility problems I detect between browsers are always located in
the Javascript parts (event management,...).

XSLT 1.0 support in browsers is not a problem anymore, in fact. Except
Konqueror, every common browser supports XSLT 1.0. Even IE5.5, because
of MSXML, correctly performs the XSLTForms transformation.

The transformation by itself is very fast too, because it's done by
compiled instructions. So relatively limited clients can still perform
transformations (XSLTForms has been tested with iPhone too !).

 From XSLTForms point of view, XSLT can be considered as a very good
compiler.

That's why I encourage you to test your transformation with different
browsers. I'm optimistic about this.

Don't hesitate to contact me for further informations.

Best Regards,

Alain Couthures
<agenceXML>
http://www.agencexml.com