Re: [xml-dev] XML support in browsers?

At 04:41 PM 6/5/2009, COUTHURES Alain wrote:
>XSLT 1.0 support in browsers is not a problem anymore, in fact.
>Except Konqueror, every common browser supports XSLT 1.0. Even
>IE5.5, because of MSXML, correctly performs the XSLTForms transformation.

I understand the "newer" browsers are supporting XSLT, I'm just
wondering what part of the audience still has the older browsers and
would be loosing out when they visit your site. Is your audience
"technical" and such that you can expect them to be on a current
browser or is it a wider audience and you have decided not to support them?

Is there any standard methodology for trapping an older browser and
sending an appropriate message? I'm thinking like the Frames design
where you can send a message or present an alternate view of the content.

..dan

Danny Vint

Panoramic Photography
http://www.dvint.com