Re: [xml-dev] XML support in browsers?

We use Xopus and custom schemas/XSL to make editing content much
easier for our clients. One recent example is this page:

http://mli.contentupdates.com/community/summer-programs/

There is a content piece in the right, narrow column where there are 3
videos that use javascript to swap out the video and change the
thumbnail. This content type is used throughout the site, so we needed
it in a resusable way and easy for a non technical person to edit and
add wherever they wanted. It is a relatively complex interaction for a
non technical author/editor to do on their own. With Xopus and a
custom schema/XSL the author edits this template xml:

<media-player>

   <title>Videos</title>

   <media>
     <video>
       <identifier>identifier</identifier>
       <title>Video Title</title>
       <description><p>Video description/info</p></description>
       <width>320</width>
       <height>240</height>
     </video>
     <video>
       <identifier>identifier</identifier>
       <title>Video Title</title>
       <description><p>Video description/info</p></description>
       <width>320</width>
       <height>240</height>
     </video>
   </media>

</media-player>

and don't even know they are using XML, XSL and XML Schema.

They see a simple view of this to add/remove/edit a a video instance.
I choose not to make it wysiwyg because it would have complicated
things. So they just identify the video (flv name without the
extension which also is used in the thumbnails), the title, a
description and width and height. Makes it pretty simple (if naming
conventions are upheld).

best,
-Rob