Re: [xml-dev] XML not ideal for Big Data

On Thu, Sep 3, 2009 at 9:53 AM, Simon St.Laurent <simonstl@simonstl.com> wrote:
Perhaps there were better ways to have made XML work with his problems... but I think on the whole he's right.

http://dataspora.com/blog/xml-and-big-data/

I read this, and I decided not to comment, because there is not much nice to say.

Goddess knows XML has its problems but in effect this guys is saying "I designed an XML app using XML in a very dumb way, and the app disappointed me.  The fault must lie with XML".

Almost every point he touches on is one that I've spent a decade advising clients to deal with successfully.

Bottom line: use XML where it's best suited, and employ good XML and systems design.  I know.  Obvious, right?  :)

--
Uche Ogbuji                       http://uche.ogbuji.net
Founding Partner, Zepheira        http://zepheira.com