Re: [xml-dev] XML's place in the world

Michael Kay wrote:
>> I have nothing to contest in this statement, but my point was
>> not about how far XML has gotten, but about the trend going
>> forward.  This feels like a wonderful toast to past success,
>> but says very little about new adoptions.
>>

> Is there any evidence that *anyone* is building standards on top of of
> JSON (or any other non-XML data syntax), in the way that thousands of
> industry standards are built on top of XML?

Does it matter?

You can build standards on JSON, but this seems like an effort to tweak
the definition of success such that it points toward XML.

If anything, JSON's cultural drift toward anarchy seems to have helped
rather than hindered its adoption.

(And I think we're seeing similar trends in the weirdly-named NoSQL
movement too.)

--
Simon St.Laurent
http://simonstl.com/