Re: [xml-dev] XML spec and XSD

Hi Ken,
   I think, the subject of this thread was different, than what this
debate is turning out to be.

My point was not to say, which Schema technology is better. I was only
trying to point to this one point in XML spec:
"An XML document is valid if it's valid according to a DTD", and my
proposed changes to XML specs clearing up this confusion.

Tim Bray wrote earlier in this thread:
Mention of DTD into XML 1.0 spec, was historic accident. I think, Tim
was quite modest to support my view point. But I think, he recognizes
some truth with this textual flaw in the spec, in the current
scenario.

Liam Quin wrote:
An architectural breakup of XML specs can also be a viable option.

I think, Jim Tivy also supported my view points. Even I saw some
support from Mike Kay, but not entirely.

I think, rest of people in this thread spoke against this idea.

I've just tabled my ideas in this thread, and I am sure if it makes
sense something could be done about this issue, else this idea is
bound to be discarded :)

--
Regards,
Mukul Gandhi