Re: [xml-dev] XML spell checking command line tool

On 11/02/10 17:48, Dimitre Novatchev wrote:
> Once again: what this could possibly mean?
>
>   - Should any text node be spelled checked, or should also element
> names be spell-checked?
>   - Using English, or another language?
>   - Should the concatenation of all text nodes be processed as one
> whole, or will every text node be processed separately?
>
> All answers matter. I have a spelling checker for English that uses
> big English word-forms dictionary. The speed, when last checked years
> ago was about 3000 words per second. Will probably be able to provide
> the desired command-line tool written completely in XSLT 2.0 if I have
> time and if somebody is interested.
>
> Or, you can just use f:spell() from FXSL (at:
> http://fxsl.cvs.sourceforge.net/viewvc/fxsl/fxsl-xslt2/f/func-Spell.xsl?revision=1.2&view=markup
> ) and DIY.
> --
> Cheers,
> Dimitre Novatchev

Yes Dimitre, I'm interested. My requirement is to do just the same as in
a word processor. To check the text node content of an XML document.
   Emacs does it 'live' in the editor. An external cmd line tool would
be equally useful.
Element names can be checked using the Schema.
English (for me - though dictionary selection would be useful for those
with their own dictionaries.... is there a 'standard' format for
a dictionary? My only dealings with a 'real' dictionary made it obvious
that compression was more useful than uniformity for a second use.

Suggest process each node separately so you can 'point' to an error
in the same way a parser does?

HTH

regards

--