RE: Declarative programming requires a different mindset

Hi Folks,

Thank you very much for your comments. I am assimilating them as fast as I can.

With regard to my statement "XHTML is a declarative programming language" I must confess that I got the idea from the Wikipedia article on Declarative Programming [1]:

Domain-specific languages

Some well-known examples of declarative domain specific languages (DSLs) include regular expressions, CSS, and a subset of SQL (SELECT queries, for example). DSLs have the advantage of being useful while not necessarily needing to be Turing-complete, which makes it easier for a language to be purely declarative.

Many markup languages such as HTML, MXML, XAML, XSLT, SVG or other user interface markup languages are often declarative. HTML, for example, only describes what should appear on a webpage and doesn't specify the possible interactions with it.

Should the Wikipedia page be modified?

/Roger

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Declarative_programming