Re: [xml-dev] Holographic XML

> I guess Excel spreadsheets are three-dimensional - row, column, and
> sheet number.

All fixed dimension representations are countable.
That means that each tuple can be mapped to a single number
like this for 2 dimensions.

.!.1..2..3..4 ...
-----------------
1!.1..2..6..7 ...
2!.3..5..8 ...
3!.4..9.13 ...
4!10.12 ...
5!11 ...
.
.
.

So in effect fixed dimension tuples are 1-dimensional ...

This remembers me on the hotel with an infinite number of rooms.
All of the rooms are booked.
1) A new guest arrives
2) a bus with infinite new guests arrives
3) infinite busses with infinity guests each arrive.

All can be helped to get a room in that hotel ...

Mit besten Gruessen / Best wishes,

Hermann Stamm-Wilbrandt
Developer, XML Compiler, L3
Fixpack team lead
WebSphere DataPower SOA Appliances
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Martin Jetter
Geschaeftsfuehrung: Dirk Wittkopp
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Boeblingen