Re: [xml-dev] Why Use anyURI

Michael,
The earlier poster seemed to be complaining not about the length of
time, but about the complete lack of response.  Your phrase "length of
time" suggests that something will happen when in fact, according to
Bjoern Hoehrmann, the WG decided to ignore the comments that had been
made.  Or by saying in effect that people should just be patient, did
you just suggest that action is being taken to address these ignored
issues?  It is difficult to interpret your comment about needing to
wait in another way.

David Lee
Regarding the earlier comment about doctors... the problem space is
not huge and is not growing indefinitely - there are not a lot of new
papers about setting broken legs and schema validation is more like
leg setting than exploring obscure interactions between proteins or
evolving influenza strains.  Medical papers are remarkably
unscientific in the popular sense, in that they are not definitive,
this is what the Cochrane collaboration addresses.  In computing,
unlike medicine, we do not need to apply statistical techniques to
multiple papers to discover whether a parsing algorithm works and so
the range of potential studies on a subject is much smaller.

Greg