Re: [xml-dev] JavaScript (was Re: [xml-dev] Whither XML ?)

On 11/11/10 7:34 AM, David wrote:
> There is no native data type to hold binary data.

There are presently perverse ways to do this with images and the pixel
array type built into the APIs for Canvas in HTML5.

<http://dev.w3.org/html5/canvas-api/canvas-2d-api.html#pixel-manipulation>

> Lack of good binary support for transfer, internal use, and internal
> storage is a huge killer for JS, IMHO.

Perhaps.  However, I'm having a very difficult time getting over my
amusement at being told that efficient data types for binary data are
critically important on a list devoted to XML.

--
Simon St.Laurent
http://simonstl.com/