Re: [xml-dev] JavaScript (was Re: [xml-dev] Whither XML ?)

On Thu, Nov 11, 2010 at 7:39 AM, David <dlee@calldei.com> wrote:

Lack of good binary support for transfer, internal use, and internal
storage is a huge killer for JS, IMHO.

Perhaps.  However, I'm having a very difficult time getting over my amusement at being told that efficient data types for binary data are critically important on a list devoted to XML.

"Laugh while you can ... " :)
Yes I agree its amusing, but in the mobile space (which is really yesterdays desktop space ... and tomorrows 'your space' ) getting huge amounts of XML to devices is seriously painful using text protocols.

Seriously scratching head here.  So why on earth would you use XML?  Whatever happened to ASN.1?

Uche Ogbuji                       http://uche.ogbuji.net
Weblog: http://copia.ogbuji.net
Poetry ed @TNB: http://www.thenervousbreakdown.com/author/uogbuji/
Founding Partner, Zepheira        http://zepheira.com