RE: [xml-dev] Where is XML going

On Sat, 2010-12-04 at 20:03 -0500, David Lee wrote:
> I would suggest that the concept of "server serving static data
> documents" is no longer valid ...
> The dividing line is indeed gray ...but is there a universal consensus
> of separation of concerns ?

I'm not certain if this last statement is the crux of your arguments or
not, but let me address it. There is -zero- reason why creative document
inclusion, on the client side, isn't the right way to present dynamic
data documents. This is done today with HTML documents via AJAX all the
time.

I think you're operating from a questionable set of assumptions about
what the document-centric crowd is trying to achieve. I also think that
the thing you're missing about the "server side transformations" is how
incredibly poorly they scale on an enterprise level. Pushing the
computational stuff out to the client is a time-tested way of reducing
resource load in an enterprise-level project.

--->Ben