From: Michael Kay [mailto:mike@saxonica.com]
Sent: Monday, December 06, 2010 11:57 AM
To: xml-dev@lists.xml.org
Subject: Re: [xml-dev] RE: Just nodes please

On 06/12/2010 16:34, David Lee wrote:
> Nothing stopping your application from allowing  that equivalence [between attributes and child elements].

Yes, but it's an interesting idea that the parser should treat them as
equivalent, simplifying the API and allowing an effortless move from
attributes to child elements when the data gets more complex. Anything
we can do to simplify the API (and thus the mapping to data structures
supported by programming languages) is a move in the right direction.

Michael Kay
Saxonica