Re: [xml-dev] Multiple instances of an attribute Re: [xml-dev]Towards XML 2.0

On Fri, Dec 10, 2010 at 10:15 AM, Stephen Green
<stephengreenubl@gmail.com> wrote:
>> A better solution is to use xsd:list datatype :
>> <foo value="bar spam"/>
>> but that is not known.
>
> reminds me - I was thinking the WG could add an xml:json datatype
> which might solve this (but I would hope there would be a better
> way to allow JSON-like functionality in an attribute).

Attributes cannot describe structured content.
So we modelize structured attributes with subelements.
Unfortunately these "structured attributes as subelements" mix with
the subelements that represent
the relationships between the resources.

Let's consider this idea of more powerful attributes:

an element could now be really separated in two parts:
 - its XML attributes describing all the attributes of the resource
 - its sub-elements that REALLY correspond to the relationship it has
with other resources

I think it would REALLY make things clearer.