Re: [xml-dev] Micro XSD for Micro XML?

> why if you want a micro-anything, would you want to base the validation on
> xsd rather than relax?

If a validating parser for MicroXML (if such ever got written)
happened to be able
to read Relax then fine - though I would imagine a subset of Relax would be in
order (similar to my MicroXSD perhaps). I just think that there are more parsers
out there for the macro XML (full XML) which can validate using XSD than can
validate using Relax. Either way, something of the same order of complexity as
MicroXSD might be in order but with another name.

Given that

<element name="schema">
<element name="element">
<attribute name="name" type="string"/>
<attribute name="type" type="string">
<!-- enumerations = string integer decimal date -->
</attribute>
</element>
<element name="attribute">
<attribute name="name" type="string"/>
<attribute name="type" type="string">
<!-- enumerations = string integer decimal date -->
</attribute>
</element>
</element>

isn't XSD either, I guess it could be dubbed a candidate strawman for
a neutral MicroSchema (a bit of XSD and a bit of Relax but extremely
simple to make it feasible for even a MicroXML parser to be validating).

----
Stephen D Green