Re: [xml-dev] Micro XSD for Micro XML?

> Element referencing is not in this example.
> In my opinion, this is a CRUCIAL feature.

I left out element/@ref because I've heard so many complaints that it makes
a schema harder to read. You have to use a graphical editor which can
resolve the
references and check for any broken ones, etc. Reading a larger schema with
references means switching back and forth between definitions such that you fail
to get a picture of the overall structure. Without the refs it is easy
to picture the
XML itself. (see examplotron and CAM, for example where the structure can be
'seen' from the schema). Plus, if it is hard for a human to read it
might also be
logically harder to write a parser and / or GUI editor.

----
Stephen D Green