Re: [xml-dev] Status of MicroXML?

Hiya,

Costello, Roger L. <costello@mitre.org> wrote:
>    Specifically, Web developers
>    object to XML Schema and XSLT.

Agreed with the former, but XSLT? That harbinger of functional beauty
and introducer of delicious xPath? Surely you jest? I can understand
that a lot of web developers are somewhat intimidated by XSLT and all
things they do not know or won't spend too much time on, but nobody
I've ever met who's actually sat down and learned the darn thing would
ever object to it (at least not to these lengths). Once you've grokked
XSLT, your life will change forever for the better.

People object to learning new things, because, well, there's effort
involved. I'd grant you that people balk at XSLT at first because it
didn't look at that other thing they already knew, but not because of
bad design. That's XML Schema's domain.

Regards,

Alex
--
 Project Wrangler, SOA, Information Alchemist, UX, RESTafarian, Topic Maps