Re: [xml-dev] XML Redux

On Tue, 15 Feb 2011 16:17:12 -0500
John Cowan <cowan@mercury.ccil.org> wrote:

> Sounds good to me, and I like the name "Jaxon", which currently seems
> to be mostly used as a spelling variant of "Jackson".

> If you are going to break JavaScript compatibility, which is one of
> JSON's important features, then you might as well go a little further:
>
> * The full range of IEEE 754 floats
>
> * Language tagging in data
>
> * XSD simple types
>
> > For syntax, extend JSON with one additional kind of value - the
> > text element - which looks like an XML element today, except that
> > the attributes are replaced by a property of an element called its
> > metadata which may be any of the above kind of values - most often
> > a map, but not restricted.
>
> I'd add 0.inf, -0.inf, and 0.nan syntax for infinities and NaNs, ISO
> 8601 syntax for gDate and gDateTime, and the ability to add XSD simple
> type names (prepended with "^^") and language tags (prepended with
> "@") to a JSON literal in either order.  N3 allows this on string
> literals only, but 32^^integer seems better to me than "32"^^integer.

{  authors: [
       {name: "Michael Kay", affiliation: "Saxonica"},
       {name: "Liam Quin", affiliation: "W3C"}
    ]
    abstract: <para { style : "bold" }>Here be some dragons</para>
   meta: [
     {dob: 1991-11-23T12:01Z ^^dateTime}
     {age: 23^^integer}
     {nick: Mike@en-UK}
   ]
}

I think that's pretty readable?
do we need xsd:dateTime or would it be redundant?

--

regards

--
Dave Pawson