Re: [xml-dev] XML Redux

Original Message From: "Andrew Welch"
> I think I'm missing the point, but if not consider the xpath:
>
> if ('0') then 'aa' else 'bb'
>
> vs
>
> if (xs:integer('0')) then 'aa' else 'bb'
>
> The output of the former is aa, the latter bb, because of the
> different type of '0' and the way that type is converted to a boolean.

So the motivation is to allow xpath programmers to be lazy at the expense of
the message format more verbose and harder to generate?

Interestingly the equivalent Perl program (see below) generates 'bb' in both
cases.

#!/usr/bin/perl

if( "0" ) {
 print "aa\n";
} else {
 print "bb\n";
}
if( 0 ) {
 print "aa\n";
} else {
 print "bb\n";
}

Pete Cordell
Codalogic Ltd
Interface XML to C++ the easy way using C++ XML
data binding to convert XSD schemas to C++ classes.
Visit http://codalogic.com/lmx/ or http://www.xml2cpp.com
for more info