Re: [xml-dev] HXTML5

On Thu, 2011-02-24 at 09:29 +0000, Stephen Green wrote:
> Mmm. I had somehow gotten the idea that the browser vendors
> were pushing back on parsing XML natively within the browser
> (pushing back on the XML DOM and just sticking to the HTML
> DOM).

They are trying to construct the same DOM from HTML and XHTML input.
That's orthogonal to processing XML -- XMLHTTPRequest has become
moderately popular, and even though it is most commonly used with either
JSON or HTML fragments today, I doubt any browser vedor would want to
break their "Web 2.0" support...

There's also at least one XML parser written in JavaScript.

It's snowing.