Re: [xml-dev] Concerned about the increasing reliance on XPath

On 09/05/2011 16:45, Stephen D Green wrote:
> OK, but this adds to the description of my situation
> that developers have to know not just XPath and its
> expressions but the way XPath is implemented.

Not the way it is implemented but the way some settings have been set.

Note that the settings are only set in an implementation defined way if
you use xpath directly, if you call it from xslt for example the setting
of the default xpath namespace is set (or not) in your xslt file
so would be explict in your the code.

But again of you used some other language than xpath, you would
presumably also need to know any default bindings and setup used for
that language. There doesn't appear to be anything xpath specific to the
problem.

David