Re: [xml-dev] Error and Fatal Error

And if there were anything employers didn't
like about the way developers exercised control of
that loop then they'd pay for it to be improved,
which they don't. So the code works as it is, warts
and all, and the XML spec stays as it does, as do
the parsers. So error handling in XML might look
like it has something missing (i.e. look like that to a
developer and to a web designer or architect) but in
reality nobody is bothered enough about it to pay
for it to be fixed. As such, errors are presumed to
be fatal when the XML is found to be illformed, I
think, even if the specs don't say so clearly, and
nobody cares too much that that leaves a hole
difficult for novice developers to fix because the
need can be met by employing someone more
knowledgable who can fix it and not charge too
much for doing so. Otherwise novice developers
can just abandon the XML altogether and use it
indirectly when the web controls they use make
invisible use of it (e.g. AJAX toolkits). No big deal.
----
Stephen D Green

On 16 July 2011 19:15, Andrew Welch <andrew.j.welch@gmail.com> wrote:
On 16 July 2011 19:01, Stephen D Green <stephengreenubl@gmail.com> wrote:
> Mmm. But in this case the 'supplier' is the app I'm
> writing - and the user of that app who is inputting
> data into one of the web pages which my app then
> tries to take and send to an XML parser.

....in which case you have complete control over the feedback loop.