Re: [xml-dev] Error and Fatal Error

Cross-posting, but yes it would be possible to do that
but mean handling all the weird and wonderful angle
bracket stuff ourselves in code (and without MicroXML
simplification so we could have XML with namespace
declarations apearing just about anywehere, any legal
whitespace anywhere, etc, etc). Why write our own
XML parser when there is a proper one in the .NET
framework all tested and standards-conformant. All
we need to do is simply check the content of each
element for illegal characters. Do we really have to
write an XML parser just for that?! The idea of .NET
is to use a framework based on RAD and not have
to write things from scratch (unlike, in my experience,
Java which seems to take developers ages to write
a typical webform). The only sticking point seems to be
these clauses in the XML spec making the .NET parser
a little too quirky and fussy. I think that's a fair assessment
from what I'm hearing on this list.
----
Stephen D Green