RE: [xml-dev] EXI: was : RE: [xml-dev] what's missing in XML?What's coming?

On Tue, 2012-01-03 at 10:42 -0500, Alessandro Triglia wrote:

> > There were over a dozen binary encodings of XML identified as being in
> > at least moderately significant use at around the time of the Workshop.
> >
> > I don't have references without going digging, sorry. Fast Infoset was
> > obviously one; as I recall that was one where mixed content wasn't
> > initially supported at all.
>

> You are wrong.
>
> Fast Infoset is what its name implies: a compact representation of the XML
> Infoset.

Thanks for replying!

I don't (as I said) remember which ones did/do and didn't/don't handle
mixed content, only that there were some. Possibly earlier versions of
Fast Web Services?? But I'm right that Fast Infoset was/is a binary
encoding of XML :-)

Maybe we need a wikipedia page listing all the binary XML encodings out
there?

Liam