RE: [xml-dev] EXI: was : RE: [xml-dev] what's missing in XML? What's coming?

You are wrong.

Fast Infoset is what its name implies: a compact representation of the XML
Infoset.

Simple and efficient, though perhaps not as compact as EXI.

And it's an ISO standard and ITU-T Recommendation.  Published in 2005.

Alessandro