Re: [xml-dev] what's missing in XML? What's coming?

That seems right.  (My God, the JSF still lives... wow.)

Yes, they print them so they can keep them close.  As I said to Vint,
they don't distribute machines as much as we might think, and if they
have a paper copy of the complete manual, they may not have all of it
(volumes split up for different maintenance levels) and the copy they
have, the crew chief is guarding/hoarding.

There are no technical obstacles today.   All the tech is there, cheap
and free.  It seems to be support (do they have machines) and culture
(do the tech pubs groups have the requisite skills and will).   Then
does the procurement organization understand what they are asking for
(i saw a cdrl that was a couple of years old spec a tag standard that
doesn't actually cover the manual type they were procuring).

IOW, back to the "we overestimate" the knowledge levels at the
different organizational levels.   They are copying boilerplate
witlessly into contracts.  Gets messy at the bottom.

This varies by military branch and organization and contractor.

len