RE: [xml-dev] Six Reasons Not to use XML Attributes

> ..such as JSON.    Serializing XML data to JSON force the writter of
> the converter to take decisions. Since JSON is javascript, you don't
> have "attributes" for attributes (cough), you have attributes and his
> value. So theres not a unique way to turn XML into JSON, and that is a
> bad thing.

I agree this is annoying, but disagree its "bad".   The differences between XML and JSON go WAY beyond attributes.
By the time you turn XML into a format which has only one interpretation in JSON you will have JSON.
That means, to me, that yes its difficult and annoying having to convert between XML and JSON ... but it's  not a "bad thing".
Any more then say converting from  Unicode to Ascii is "bad" or converting from Lisp to Prolog is "bad".

David A. Lee
dlee@calldei.com
http://www.xmlsh.org