Re: [xml-dev] Six Reasons Not to use XML Attributes

I feel like you 2 are talking about different things.

Maybe some examples will clear up what Tei oscar.vives@gmail.com was
making an example of in my thoughts.

On Wed, Mar 7, 2012 at 1:23 PM, David Lee <dlee@calldei.com> wrote:
>> ..such as JSON.    Serializing XML data to JSON force the writter of
>> the converter to take decisions. Since JSON is javascript, you don't
>> have "attributes" for attributes (cough), you have attributes and his
>> value. So theres not a unique way to turn XML into JSON, and that is a
>> bad thing.
> I agree this is annoying, but disagree its "bad".   The differences between XML and JSON go WAY beyond attributes.
> By the time you turn XML into a format which has only one interpretation in JSON you will have JSON.
> That means, to me, that yes its difficult and annoying having to convert between XML and JSON ... but it's  not a "bad thing".
> Any more then say converting from  Unicode to Ascii is "bad" or converting from Lisp to Prolog is "bad".
> David A. Lee
> dlee@calldei.com
> http://www.xmlsh.org

Alex Muir
Program Organizer - University Technology Student Work Experience Building
University of the Gambia

Come visit Gambia enjoy the sun and culture and help out! Software
Engineering Lecturers needed!
Join UTSWEB do local contract work or give a student a contract
remotely for slow, cheap and good work http://sites.utg.edu.gm/utsweb/

Some fantastic African/Canadian Fusion  http://bafila.bandcamp.com/