Re: [xml-dev] Using XML (or JSON) for inter-thread communication

On 19 March 2012 13:34, Pete Cordell <petexmldev@codalogic.com> wrote:
> We all know that increasing processor speed has pretty much run its course
> (for now) and that the way to increased system performance is via using
> multiple cores and threads.  However, parallel programming is difficult.

As far as I know, as we all move towards functional programming we
won't have to worry too much about it as it gets taken care of for us.
 Also, in Android and Java itself there are really good apis that
shield us from the hard stuff, there's no need to work with threads
directly.  I haven't come across an equivalent in Objective-C...

On this topic (sort of), this is an interesting article I read the
other day where they took a different approach:
http://martinfowler.com/articles/lmax.html

"In fact they ended up by doing all the business logic for their
platform: all trades, from all customers, in all markets - on a single
thread. A thread that will process 6 million orders per second using
commodity hardware."

--
Andrew Welch
http://andrewjwelch.com