Re: [xml-dev] Using XML (or JSON) for inter-thread communication

Original Message From: "Michael Kay"
> On 19/03/2012 14:44, Andrew Welch wrote:
>> On 19 March 2012 14:36, John Cowan  wrote:
>>> Andrew Welch scripsit:

>>> Good luck with that.
>> Is that not the case?
>>
> Things get better, but the problem shifts.
>
> For example, the next Saxon release will automatically do multi-threading
> for xsl:result-document (each output document is produced in parallel with
> the others).

I assume that under some circumstances it's possible to generate a number of
fragments of an output document in parallel and then merge the fragments at
the end of the operation.  If so, is XSLT functionalism sufficient to do
that automatically, or would some external programmer input be required to
implement that?

Thanks,

Pete Cordell
Codalogic Ltd
Interface XML to C++ the easy way using C++ XML
data binding to convert XSD schemas to C++ classes.
Visit http://codalogic.com/lmx/ or http://www.xml2cpp.com
for more info