Re: [xml-dev] MicroXML and &

> I agree that < & " and ' need to be kept from a
> usability point of view.
Only if we're constrained by compatibility and tradition. If we were
starting anew, It would be easy to define it so there is only one
special character, namely <, which could be escaped by doubling it. Then
perhaps use <10> or <0xA> for numeric character references, and <&mdash>
for named entity references (if we think we need them).

Michael Kay