RE: [xml-dev] "Introducing MicroXML, Part 1: Explore the basicprinciples of MicroXML"

> Why _would_ you expect them to be underlined if the xml is
> not being rendered? I certainly would not. If you send
> unknown xml to a browser it is not styled _at all_ Why would
> you expect links to work as links if headings are not working
> as headings and paragraphs are not working as paragraphs?

The XML is being rendered.  It displays as nice syntax coloured, indented
XML.  Regardless of what the elements are, what namespace they're in,
what encoding the document is in.  OK, I don't *know* all these
things to be true, because I have not written any browser code,
but I've witnessed it.  And so far my experience holds for
application/xml, but not for any +xml media type.  So those browser
guys can only be pushed so far, apparently.

> If you associate a stylesheet with the xml via xml-stylesheet
> or another means then you can make paragraphs be rendered as
> paragraphs and make links be underlined. (If you use css
> rather than xsl I think you still can't make the links be
> links but that's an issue for css)

No, I don't think it is a CSS issue.  It is the fact that the links
aren't recognized by the browser parser.  I think!.

Peter