RE: [xml-dev] "Introducing MicroXML, Part 1: Explore the basicprinciples of MicroXML"

Hey David,

> Peter Sez
> > But, my point remains, Web browsers are the most common XML
> processing
> > application on earth, and they can't recognize the hypermedia
> > affordances we put in our representations.  Why not?
> >

> Here is where I think you will find the crux of the disagreement.
> First off I will assert your statement is factually incorrect
> (about being the most common XML processing app).

If they're not, what is?

Wouldn't it be nice if xmlsh could rely on hypertext affordances too?

That might be powerful, too, fetching, creating and updating things over the
web.

> But more importantly,  philosophically ...
>
> There is the camp that believes XML should be agnostic about
> the application layer And there is the camp that believes XML
> should be tailored to make its use in a web browser more usable.

I have to go read up on layers, now.  Fair enough, they sound important!

> Finding common ground between these is tough ... and IMHO is
> why we ended up with HTML5 instead of XHTML2.

The common ground can be covered by links, and their associated metadata, IMHO.

Peter