Re: [xml-dev] "Introducing MicroXML, Part 1: Explore the basicprinciples of ...

On Mon, Jul 16, 2012 at 6:30 AM, David Carlisle <davidc@nag.co.uk> wrote:
But isn't that exactly what the control characters are for, eg

U+000C FORM FEED
or
U+001F INFORMATION SEPARATOR ONE

But you still have to know the text encoding (unless you fix that it is always (say) utf-8). Otherwise any byte could appear anywhere.

MicroXML does fix the text encoding as UTF-8, but now I'm confused because I thought we were talking about the series-of-documents facility as a MicroXML adjunct, and the XML declaration and CDATA Sections have come up, neither of which are part of MicroXML. Is the proposal that these be added back (which I'd oppose), or has the topic changed more generally to series-of-documents for full XML?

--
Uche Ogbuji                       http://uche.ogbuji.net
Weblog: http://copia.ogbuji.net