Re: Using the concepts of Category Theory to create better XML data models

Looks like you're referring to the category REL (category of relations). I wonder if the category theory has any interesting insights that are not already covered by relational algebra used to argue about relational databases. Even if it doesn't have, it's intersting to see how relations are described using the language of the category theory.

I just learned about REL yesterday, reading Slide 1.20 of

http://www.cs.nott.ac.uk/~gmh/cat1.pdf

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category_of_relations

http://nlab.mathforge.org/nlab/show/Rel

Regarding "Using the concepts of Category Theory to create better XML data models",

on Friday, August 03, 2012 22:40:52,

Costello, Roger L. wrote to xml-dev@lists.xml.org <xml-dev@lists.xml.org>

--

Nicholas Sushkin <http://www.openfinance.com>