Re: [xml-dev] Will XML Schema 1.1 get traction?

> They won't be able to do that if XSD 1.1 is used to express
> enumerations and other value constraints that are fluid for users.
>
> Whether XSD 1.1 is needed otherwise for structural and lexical
> constraints remains to be seen
This discussion about the need to keep different parts of a schema
separate so that the different parts can be under different change
control is fascinating (and challenging), but I think it's of marginal
relevance to the question of XSD 1.1 uptake. After all, the canonical
example of a validation feature that needs to be relatively flexible is
code lists, and that's entirely within the scope of XSD 1.0. I don't
think there's any evidence that the new validation features introduced
by XSD 1.1 tend to correspond to rules that change more frequently than
the rules that are within the scope of XSD 1.0.

Michael Kay
Saxonica