Re: [xml-dev] XPath and prefix bindings

On Wed, Aug 15, 2012 at 11:28 PM, Fraser Goffin <goffinf@gmail.com> wrote:
>  So from that I would assume that neither XMLSpy nor any of
> the other online Xpath evaluators were actually providing the complete
> set of prefix bindings prior to evaluation of the expression (except
> for those declared on the root element).
XMLQuire is an XPath evaluator that provides the complete set of
prefix bindings for evaluation. There is a potential issue here when
the same prefix may be bound (in the XML source) to more than 1
namespace within different scopes. If this is the case then XMLQuire
uses the first prefix declaration binding encountered by the XML
parser by default - but the other declarations are still listed and
this choice can be changed in the XPath editor's namespace manager.
The full evaluation context, which includes namespaces, can also be
saved to file (as XML) for reuse. Auto-generated XPaths (created each
time an XML node is selected in the editor) also reflect the settings
in the namespace manager.

Phil Fearon