RE: [xml-dev] Principles for an Ethical and Sustainable Internet -XML

Thanks Amy,

I agree that anything not directly XML-related is in serious danger of getting totally off-topic and thus clogging up this list...

>>> To the best of my knowledge and belief, music is not distributed in a form related to an xml technology.

Well, actually there is this: http://ddex.net/release-delivery-0 - it's definitely in use (examples of implementations here: http://ddex.net/implementing-ddex-standards (see PDF link near page foot)...

"release delivery" here is absolutely to do with music distribution, and you will find the associated XML schemas and data dictionaries etc. for each standard there too :)

Great timing mentioning this - I'm currently doing a big piece of work on the DDex schema(s) and marvelling at this complex and subtle piece of XML engineering... hope others find it interesting too.

I hope I've been one of the posters giving sane and moderate responses to Len's original post and it will be clear that XML is one technology in current use to actually address some of the issues he raises (even if this is not really the forum to do so).

Cheers,

Michael