Re: [xml-dev] Terminology: vocabulary, grammar, or something else?(Re: [xml-dev] Which latest and greatest XML Standards Should I Use For XML-Grammar-Fortune?)

From the fact many such vocabularies/languages/applications are
named "* Markup Language", I'd say 'markup language' is a safe
bet. Some might qualify that to say 'an XML markup language'
(though there is some obvious redundancy and potential confusion
with that). Looks like it's the terminology used in Wikipedia, i.e.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_XML_markup_languages
----
Stephen D Green