Re: [xml-dev] How many unit tests should I create for my XML application?

Hi Roger,

First, I don't think so.

It kind of depends on what you app does.  However, if it consumes XML documents and then produces XML documents.  Assuming the input documents are validated against a schema that has been validated and the output documents are validated against schemas that have been validated.  It doesn't do anything in the middle that can cause irregular output, e.g. it does processing and then gives user feedback directly.  Then your unit test count is zero.  You have a validation chain already built based on those 14,285 unit tests.  IMHO, of course.

--Tim