Re: [xml-dev] The purpose of a namespace URI is ...

On 02/12/2012 00:25, Timothy W. Cook wrote:
> It's usually better to do this with a version attribute rather than
> to use a new namespace URI and thereby claim you're making a new and
> entirely unrelated language.
>

> HI Liam,
>
> I would agree with this 100%.  However, as far as I could find. There
>  are no tools that take advantage of this.

Not sure what what you mean there but there are many languages that use
a stable namespace but use a version attribute (eg xslt) or stable
namespace and no version indicator at all (eg xhtml, mathml)
> For example my question on this list several weeks ago regarding
> differentiation between XML Schema 1.0 and 1.1

That thread appears to have got confused. It starts off discussing

<?xml version="1.1"?>

which is referring to version 1.1 of _XML_ but then it got sidetracked
into a discussion about version 1.1 of XSD schema which is of course
something completely different.

David