Re: [xml-dev] Not using mixed content? Then don't use XML

On 3/25/13 9:42 AM, Liam R E Quin wrote:
> JSON has fabulous APIs for programmers, and as long as programmers are
> in charge of the temple, the writers, editors, indexers, the people
> working with text, are required to be Believers. But one day there will
> be a Revelation and a Revolution.  We will burn the sandals of the
> priests on the altar we dedicate to primacy of our texts over the
> accursed programs.

This is one dimension of the problem.

Unfortunately we "people of the text" had our own priests in the temple,
and they were only too happy to cooperate with the priests of the
programming world.

The fallout from that horrible merger is part of why there has already
been a Reformation, with many people turning their back on the temple to
create the ministry of all believers...

(though some have instead formed their own cults, of course.)

Thanks,
--
Simon St.Laurent
http://simonstl.com/