Re: Fwd: [xml-dev] Not using mixed content? Then don't use XML

Yes I understand the tactic and I don't have a problem with that (use it myself plenty of times). just want to see a balanced debate.

And no, I didn't mean not include the whole list, but thanks for respecting that possible intention (hence re-inserting with this reply)

Fraser

On 7 April 2013 22:22, Liam R E Quin <liam@w3.org> wrote:
On Sun, 2013-04-07 at 19:42 +0100, Fraser Goffin wrote:
> > I prefer, however, to ask, "under what circumstances are XML Schema
> > beneficial, and when can Schemas (of any kind) sensibly be used as a
> > design aid at or near the start of a project? What factors lead to
> > success and what factors lead to problems?"
>
> I'm sure based on your other comments that this is a somewhat
> rhetorical question (at least I would very much hope so).

It's a statement: I prefer the question as I formulated it, because it
emphasises the positive.

[...]
> Let's be careful not to fall into the narrow arguments of the past
> around XSD and at least accept that those professional developers
> among us who do find some use aren't completely deluded.

+1

Simon is being argumentative and provocative in order to elicit
far from the whole story. :-)

[not sure if you'd intended this to be off-list but I kept it that way]

Liam