Re: [xml-dev] costs of bureaucracy (was Re: [xml-dev] Not using mixedcontent? Then don't use XML)

> Data interchange isn't going to work if it's reduced to a game of guesswork.

Hear, hear, ... And it's not just a game of syntax, think assured
semantics, non-lossy exchange, legal and regulatory requirements, et
al !

Simon you have said elsewhere that transformation is one of the
aspects of XML you like, what have you to say about semantics when
nothing can be assumed and everything is deliberately under-specified
in the name of flexibility.

Are you including data interchange in your commentary.

Fraser