Re: [xml-dev] Testing XML don't use xUnit

> Right. But XMLUnit doesn't let you do that because it requires an
> absolute path (thank you John) to the node you are testing.

I think it's quite powerful enough to write assertions of the form

every $t in //table satisfies ($t/thead and $t/tfoot)

and assertions like that are quite powerful enough to meet any unit testing needs that I've ever seen

Perhaps you're still thinking of the limitations of XPath 1.0?

Michael Kay