Re: [xml-dev] Transformative Programming: Flow-based, functional, and more

Hi Simon,

I'll buy into your view on REST, maybe a better fit is something like Web Sockets?  However, I can't agree with you in regards to tighter specs inside applications and looser between them.  Are you suggesting that (for example) a Java method that has a single String as it's input and output needs a full XSD or some other more formal spec?  I suspect you're indulging in a bit of hyperbole in that, flexibility between applications in what they can accept might simplify the world, but you know as well as anyone that not everything can be mapped to name value pairs or tuples and left at that?

Peter Hunsberger