Re: [xml-dev] Lessons learned from the XML experiment

On Thu, Nov 14, 2013 at 3:04 PM, Uche Ogbuji <uche@ogbuji.net> wrote:
> Although I'd never design XML like that. What on earth is wrong with the
> following?
>

>> <person>
>>    <employer>
>>        <name>Megaco</name>
>>    </employer>
>>    <name>Fred Blogs</name>
>> <person>
>

> That's just as easy to process, and has the bonus of being easier to read.

Now, send that to someone else.  Which of the several definitions of
'person' and 'employer' would you expect them to use?

Your XML file has no semantic context.  Therefore they are free to
interpret it as they wish, not necessarily how you meant it.

--
MLHIM VIP Signup: http://goo.gl/22B0U
Timothy Cook, MSc           +55 21 94711995